Wednesday, January 7, 2015

This Mom Recommends Gluten Free Favorites: Part 1

Kid #1 was diagnosed with Celiac Disease over 10 years ago.  I have been trying to find him things for a long time.  Often I am asked what products and recipes we like.  Not my whole family eats GF, but we do about 80% of the time. (Kid #1 is 100%)

First bread: It has come a LONG way since I started buying it in 2003.  Our favorite store bought brand is Udi's.  We also like the mix from Bob's Red Mill in the bread machine.  I have tried a few other mixes and recipes, but my boy like these and so these are the ones I use day to day.  (And they are easy, so we both win.)  He prefers the bread machine bread.  I buy it from Amazon on auto-ship.

Next recipes: I follow a few GF bloggers on Facebook (I have not opened the gates to Pinterest yet).  We like Gluten Free Mama (We like her flour too.), Gluten Free on a Shoestring (I have all her cookbooks), and My Gluten Free Kitchen.  These are all user friendly, easy and practical. 

I hope these help some getting started.  For those of you that have been eating GF for a while, what are your recommendations?

Can wait to hear about other ideas?

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment