Thursday, December 12, 2013

Overscheduled

I have typically used this blog as a way to vent, plan, and document what is happening in our life as I have had the time to do it.  This post is not different.  I am overscheduled.  My whole family is.  I am tired.  I don't want to go anywhere or see anyone.  Not that holiday feeling for sure.  Add to that the bronchitis and sinus infection I have been walking around with for 12 days and I am done.  I say that all the time.  This overscheduling has led to grouchy kids, poor food choices, grouchy parents, a messy house and no fun.  I can't even enjoy what we are doing because I have the rest of the stuff hanging over my head.  Time with my husband??  Forget it.  We try, but it seems impossible.  A family meeting is coming soon.  During that we are going to set priorities and make plans for some fun.  My concern is that I see my kids falling into the same habits as their parents.  They sign up or volunteer for everything, they want to try everything, they are disorganized and they are stressed.  We have to make a change soon for everyone's good.  I know life with 4 kids is stressful, but we have not been doing anything to make it easier.  My return to work has caught up with all of us.  So over the holiday vacation, this family is going to do a little reset.  Plans to follow.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment