Saturday, August 24, 2013

Going (Gone) Back to School for This Mom



I recently finished a first graduate level course since motherhood.  Not as easy as it was before kids.  I was so nervous.  So much has changed in 11 years, but when I got back to campus I felt good.  I have 6 more classes to complete my degree and I will take 2 classes a semester for the next 3.  By June I should be finished.

To be honest, it is the first real thing I have done for myself since motherhood.  It seemed weird at first to spend the time and money on me.  But honestly, I am enjoying it - even the late night procrastination!  I think it is good for the kids to see me working towards a goal too.  I know the kids are watching.  They are asking questions and all wanted to see my report card!

I got an A!  GPA is 3.72 so far.  This mom is working her rear off!

No comments:

Post a Comment