Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Plans

We have been asking the kids what they want to do this summer and on any day I get a wide variety of answers.  We are doing a lot: Sports and scout camps for #1, softball and swimming for #3, horseback riding and therapy for #2, baby ballet and story time at the library for #4.  But I kept asking, what do you all REALLY want to do this summer?  So finally, we created a bit of a list.  I think I may have started something now, they keep adding to it.

Here is the list:
  • Ice Cream for dinner
  • Sleep outside as a family
  • Trip to the zoo
  • Trip to the farm
  • Berry picking
  • Baking together
  • Going fishing
  • Sign up for library reading
  • Go to the movies
  • Special time with just ONE kid and mom and dad
  • Picnic in the park
And then there are some more specific:
  • Advance for a certain rank in Boy Scouts (I forget which one)
  • Set reading goals
  • Move up 2 levels in swimming
  •  Hit a softball from a machine 
  • Publish a weekly comic
Even though I am working, I still love the possibilities of summer break for the kids and for us.  What are your plans for summer?

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment