Sunday, April 21, 2013

Freezer Cooking

I have been on an never ending quest to make my life easier.  I meal plan, try and get the family on a schedule and am decluttering like a wild woman.  (Easter Seals got a huge donation last week!)  Sometimes, we all get up late or I underestimate how long it will take to get from here to there and I get stuck!  I have been freezer cooking to help with those crazy times and resist the urge to order pizza or drive through.  I was inspired by Jessica Fisher's book, Not Your Mother's Make Ahead and Freeze Cookbook.  There are some many more options than meatloaf.  We will be eating "real food" from the freezer.

Over the weekend I made and froze 2 patches of muffins, taco meat and breakfast cookies.  I also made homemade granola, smoothies and sliced vegetables.  I am also working on pasta sauce and shredded beef filling.  Once I get in the swing it is easy.  My plan is to spend some time every weekend prepping. Baked goods one weekend, breakfasts on another, lunch stuff, then dinner entrees.  Meal time has the potential to be a disaster here, we are all tired, hungry and out of ideas.

What are some of your meal time tips?   Share them here please, I'd love to hear.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment