Monday, January 21, 2013

Meal Planning

Meal planning is something I know I need to do.  I know it will make shopping easier, budgeting easier, eliminate the chaos when I get home, and help us eat healthier.  I have not done as good of a job at it as I want to.  I have developed a rut.  We eat the same things over and over.  We have been eating on the fly (garbage) and our food budget is out of wack.  So I am rededicating myself to meal planning.  I have a skeleton plan and will fill in the details each week.

Here is the plan:

Monday: Sandwiches/Weekend Leftovers
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner
Wednesday: Crock pot dinner
Thursday: Chicken
Friday: $40 for takeout
Saturday: Pasta/Mexican
Sunday: Big dinner and meal planning cooking

I will develop the menu around these themes.  I have worked on this for the other meals as well.  The kids come to expect it and there are is less fuss.



No comments:

Post a Comment