Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Budget


If wagon falling was an Olympic sport, I would be in serious training.  The budget is another area that I have lost track of in the past couple of months.  I mean, I am paying bills and buying groceries, but not with the same plan and purpose that I have in the past. 

Here is the deal, I have squeezed a lot out of our family budget.  We don't have cable, don't subscribe to magazines, don't have car payments, but we need to have a real plan for our money.  I need to have a real look at all the items in our budget and make some difficult decisions. 
I will spend the next couple of days going over the items in the budget and making a plan.  I am taking advice from Family Balance Sheet.  She has some great ideas and is on her way to debt freedom.  Also, I need to get the envelope system in full effect. 

I also need to get a handle on the food budget.  I usually pick a random number and say we are not spending more than $this, but I never really think about how much we are spending now.  Also, I am a bit of a food snob.  I like my organic produce box, my home delivered milk, and the grocery store that does the shopping for me.  (I see another post developing)

So, I will also be creating a budget tab in this family notebook.  With a real plan for paying off bills and creating some wealth.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that some of your choices for spending money may seem frivolous but may not be. Organic produce is best for your family (money well spent), picking groceries up at the door is good for you and allows you time to do your Pampered Chef, take care of Libby and the other three and have a little time for yourself. DON'T FORGET THIS!!

    ReplyDelete