Friday, October 28, 2011

The Schedule

When you have children it is nice to have plans, but plans can also be stressful, overwhelming and exhausting.  That is how I have spent the last couple of weeks - living and dying by the schedule. 

I try my best not to overschedule.  I mean, my kids don't do half of the stuff they could do.  We have scouts, a sport, and music. That was the plan.  Oh, and school work, and therapies, and religion, and sleepovers, and play dates, and ...  You get the idea.  With 4 kids, 3 with activities, there is a lot of running.  It makes me sad that we are so busy.  It makes me happy that  we are so busy.  Our family is lucky to have the opportunity.   But I find myself losing my patience and not getting to some things I wish I could.

I have been spending the last couple of weeks searching for a balance.  School work, basketball, piano lessons, baths, dinner together, religion homework, and everything else.  Some adjustments need to be made and priorities reexamined. 

How do you fit it all in?  What works for you?  I'll keep you posted.( More frequently, I promise) on the NEW schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment