Friday, September 16, 2011

The Cross in the Woods

While we were up north we went to the Cross in the Woods.  I just love it there.  So beautiful.
The kids with the Holy Family.  (I picked one where they aren't all looking, darn.)

At the statue of Kateri Tekakwitha.  (Still one not looking!)
#1 and #2 looking at the turtles at the feet of Kateri Tekakwitha.
With Blessed Mary!  (And all looking in the same direction!)
#3 helping #4 with her shoes!

We all enjoyed some quiet time.  The kids explored the grounds and walked from one statue to another.  #1 read signs and plaques to the others.  Hubby and I sat for a while, prayed quietly and chatted a bit.  It was a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe we have never been there! Adding it to our list of things to do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it...little gift shop and all. We will probably go back this fall since it is so close to my parents' house. The kids liked it.

    ReplyDelete