Friday, August 12, 2011

No Car Payments

This month will be the first month in my adult life that I have no car payments!  We paid off my husband's car when we received our tax refund.  Last month, we found a big truck that fits everyone and the wheelchair, walker stroller and dog!  It is huge, but we paid cash.  We were able to sell the newer car I was driving with enough profit to buy new tires are a few things for the big truck.  This has freed up $1000 of our family budget.

So, what are my plans for that money you ask?   I am taking half and paying towards some other bills we want to be done with.  The other half is going into a car fund.  There is bond to be a repair or two.  My husband needed a new transmission 2 weeks after we paid off his car!  I have to say, I am really proud of us.  We resisted the temptation to buy a new car and found a good one at a nice price.  I must also add that my husband is handy.  He was able to replace the shocks in a couple of afternoons and does all the oil changes and stuff.  Those things can really add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment