Monday, August 15, 2011

Breakfast Back on Track

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain, Rolled Oats, 32-Ounce Bags (Pack of 4)

As far as meal planning goes, we have been off track for the summer.   The kids are getting up at different times.  It had been hot even early in the morning.  I have become a short order cook (at lunch too, but one meal at a time).  Even at 9, Kid #1 is realizing that without a bit of protein he is hungry again sooner.

Here is the plan:

Monday: Breakfast Sandwiches
Tuesday: Oats (Oatmeal, berry crisp, etc)
Wednesday: Eggs
Thursday: Sweet rolls,  biscuits, muffins, etc.
Friday: Breakfast leftovers
Saturday: Waffles or pancakes
Sunday: Big Breakfast

As I begin to put things back on track I am starting at the beginning with breakfast.  We are finishing up the little bit of cold cereal we have in the house.  I realize it isn't that healthy and my kids prefer it for a snack in the afternoon or before bedtime.  So when it is gone, I am not replacing it.  My kids enjoy a warm, hearty breakfast.  This is something that requires a little prep, so I am getting ready by prepping and freezing pancakes, waffles, sweet rolls.  I boil up a dozen eggs for the week.  I also have plenty of low fat breakfast meats and cheese on hand.  My kids also love cream cheese and a slice of lunch meat on a toasted bagel.  We love Meal Makeover Moms breakfast recipes too!  I need to find a gluten free breakfast bar recipe.  I am sure I will find one!  Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment