Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Mom Recommends...

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More FunIt is rare that I read a book that isn't about child development, learning styles, or educational theory.  When I do read for pleasure it is typically some self help book instructing me how to get organized, lose weight or live the life I was meant to live.  I think that is why this book The Happiness Project: Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin appealed to me.  She sets of on a year long quest for happiness.  The changes she made were totally the ones I need to make in my own life.  She even has a companion blog to assist others on their own happiness project.  This was a quick read and I had fun reading it.  This dialogue she includes with her husband could very well have happen in my own house.  This mom recommends this book!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a must read:) We could all use a little more happiness in our lives and finding what's really important. The death of my sorority sister over the weekend really brought that home to me.

    ReplyDelete