Tuesday, April 26, 2011

40 Bags Update

Here is the last update for my Lenten plan to get rid of 40 bags in 40 days.

I deep cleaned my closet and really looked at the items inside it.  I got rid of all the "stuff" I had plans to fit into, was holding on to for no reason and was worn out or stretched out.  I was able to get 3 garbage bags of clothes out of my closet and drawers.  I also had a bag of garbage. (4 bags)

Even though it snowed a week ago, I cleaned out the front coat closet.  I got 2 bags from there in shoes, boots, gloves and coats.

I cleaned under the bed in the girls' room.  Kid #3 is hoarder.  1 bag!

Got rid of a broken car seat (fit in a trash bag), broke down a ton of cardboard (I have a habit of saving the boxes of items I buy.) 3 bags.

I also cleaned out the laundry room!  1 bag.

That is 11 bags.  Taking my total to 42 bags!  Whoo  Hooo!

This is a project I will continue.  I am enjoying decluttering.   Looking at my closet makes me happy!

1 comment: