Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Plans for Lent

I have been thinking for a while how we will spend our 40 days in preparation for Easter.  I have thought of all the things we could give up and all the sweets we won't eat, but then a friend told me they usually add something too.

So here are some of our plans:

1. We are going to participate in the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge.  It is from last year, but I just found it and we could always use a good decluttering.

2. I am going to spend a few Friday evenings teaching the kids the Stations of the Cross.

3. We will be celebrating the feasts of St. Patrick and  St. Joseph.  My friend Jen has a great resource on her blog.  Our church has a celebration for St. Joseph. 

4. I also want to celebrate The Annunciation on March 25th this year. 

5. We need to refocus our efforts on The Rosary.  We have fallen of the wagon on this.

How are you celebrating Lent this year?

1 comment:

  1. These sound like great plans! We are going to try going to Stations this year. Our parish lets the kids following along with the priest so as long as they can keep moving I think they will be okay!

    ReplyDelete