Thursday, February 17, 2011

Making baby food





As a way to save money and feed Kid #4 organically, I have been making my own baby food.  I usually use leftover veggies and fruit from dinner or the frozen stock I have from summer.  I love being able to offer her fresh, wholesome food.  I have not purchased one jar of food (just a box of cereal).

Here is what is on her menu:
Apples
Carrots
Peas
Apricots
Plums (her favorite)
Green Beans

Here are the things I am making this weekend:
Spinach
Blueberries
Winter Squash

All of this should last for about a month or so.  As I begin blending food, I'll post recipes.

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound so easy! I wanted to make baby food for E but we didn't seem to eat a lot of things babies would like. I seem to eat a ton of salads...and while they are good for you blended ones sound awful. Good for you, I am going to try really hard to be more on the ball and do it this time around. I have plenty of time to talk myself into it...and I think then we'd eat better overall.

    ReplyDelete