Wednesday, January 12, 2011

South of the Border Tortilla Soup

As promised I am making some of the recipes from the Meal Makeover Moms new cookbook No Whine With Dinner this month.  All the ingredients for this soup were also in the pantry too!!
This soup was super easy, full of healthy stuff, and (important in my house) gluten free.  My kids LOVED it and my husband did too.  I increased the chili powder a bit for our taste and added the chicken leftover from our Chicken Tacos last night.  The recipe serves 6, so next time I will double it!

I also got to use the cast iron dutch oven I got for Christmas! Extra bonus!

They add a slurry (cornstarch and cold water).  I had never heard of that before, but it really thickened the soup!  I was surprised. 

So a big thumbs up from all of us!  Thanks Moms!!

1 comment: