Monday, January 10, 2011

Pantry Challenge

So far, so good for the pantry challenge.  We have had a couple of "where's the ___?", but I simply explain that there isn't any and offer a suitable substitution.  In an effort to also clean out my freezer I roasted 2 chickens yesterday and have enough meat leftover for one more meal (and maybe a lunch!).  There is still plenty of soups and such.  I also tried (and succeeded) to make pan gravy. 

I also made Chocolate Butterhorns in a regular and gluten free variety.  For the gluten free ones I used Jules Gluten Free All Purpose flour and brushed egg white on the tops to get them brown.  All the kids, even the ones visiting, loved them and the gluten free ones were the only ones I had leftover to freeze.

Here is the dinner plans for the next week:

10.  Leftovers from the weekend
11. Taco Night (Chicken Tacos)
12. Soup and Sandwiches
13. Pancakes and Sausage
14. Meal Makeover Moms Mac and Cheese
15. Pork Chops and Quinoa
16. Meal Makeover Moms Broccoli Bean Soup and Tossed Salad

Next week I will post how the MMM recipes went.  This week we are trying a few of their breakfasts, so look for those posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment