Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wrapping up the Week

Kid #1 says there are fewer pictures of him, so I am adding one with this post. 

Mom:  I am happy to say I got a few organizational things done this week.  I straightened and organized the front coat closet.  I took inventory and ordered winter boots for #1 and #3 (#2 can wear a pair we already have!).  I also took all the 0-3 month clothes out of the girls' room and replaced them with all the 3-6 months.  I also am beginning to formulate a plan for the Christmas card.  I didn't do one last year and need to get one together soon. 

Kid #1: He spent the beginning of the week preparing for the Space Derby for Cub Scouts.  He is finishing up Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and was excited to see Sam Bradford on the cover of Clubhouse magazine (From Focus on the Family).  He and my husband went to the state capitol for a field trip.  They also went to a Michigan history Museum.  When they returned, my husband told me he had a new insight about my desire to homeschool full time.  (Hooray!!) 

Kid #2:  We have been doing some tray work.  She is also trying out a wheelchair she can drive herself.  Hopefully, that decision will be made next week.  She is also talking a bit more and pulling herself up to standing everywhere.

Kid #3: She was a bit under the weather this week.  She had a horrible cold and was less than interested in official schooling, so we took a bit of a break.  That is the best part of homeschooling is that we didn't miss a thing!!

Kid #4: She has moved into the next size (as mentioned above) and is staying wake for longer portions of the day.  She smiles so sweetly. 

I am hoping to get a few more things organized this week: the learning room/office, the basement, and the kitchen.  I also hope to get the Christmas Folder together and be closer to figuring out the holidays.  I also want to get the lessons planned through the end of the year. 

I am linking to foreverforalwaysnomatterwhat.com

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get little organizing projects finished! Glad your husband is continuing to warm up to the idea of homeschooling. Thanks for linking up, hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing. I want to get that for my fourth grader. I think she'll enjoy it a lot!

    Tell the oldest, he took a great picture!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete