Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

Since making the decision to stay home for Thanksgiving we have been discussing what we are going to do to make the day special.  We have a "family feast" every New Year's, so the kids know the drill.  They are expecting turkey, mashed potatoes (and gravy) and cranberries.  My husband likes the canned stuff, so we are getting that too.  I found a recipe for gluten free green bean casserole and my kids love squash.  I want to make some gluten free biscuits (cheesy ones, says Kid #1).  We will have a complete menu together in a few days.  We are also going to get the table decorated and ready.  If I trace one more hand turkey...

Most importantly, we are talking about what we are thankful for, really talking about it.  I think the kids are sometimes surprise at what my husband and I are thankful for at the end of the day.  Things like Kid #1's drawing, having everyone together at the end of the day are really what matter most.  I really want to spend the day together giving thanks, having fun, and cooking and eating together.

No comments:

Post a Comment