Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wrapping up the week

This week I have tried to set in place a plan of attack.  The kid #4 is sleeping a bit more predictably, so it is easier to plan to get things done.  She is also engaging herself in a few toys which makes things a bit easier.

Mom's week: I am still reading The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul and caught up on a few magazines that had been cluttering my bedside table.  I also am making the seasonal and size clothing exchanges.  I have started a pile in the basement and will be researching when the next Mom to Mom sale is in the area.  A complete inventory of winter needs will happen next week.  I am also drawn to the idea of a family closet.  I am not sure how it would work here, but I could use the extra room!

Kid #1:  He is continuing to read Percy Jackson and has been working on his religious medal for Cub Scouts.  We have started doing a workbook together about the Holy Rosary.  I hope to post the details and pictures next week.

Kid #2:  No seizures this week!!  She checked out Brown Bear, Brown Bear at the library.  She loves all of those books.  She can approximate the words as she "reads" that book.  She will look at it over and over.  I see an Eric Carle unit in our future.  Because of the pattern, Kid #3, not a reader yet, will sit and "read" it to her.  Kid #2 loves it, Kid #3 loves being a reader, and I only have to read it 20 times a day instead of 40!  Also, a new, trial wheelchair arrived this week.  Hopefully she will learn to "drive" it herself.  One more step on her road to independence.  She is also doing a Rosary workbook in her own way.

Kid #3: F is the letter of the week.  We continued counting - everything, including Rosary beads - and in Spanish too with help from Kid #1.  Halloween is on her mind.  We have made pumpkins, bats, witch hats and spiders.  We also attending a parent/child group this week together.  She helped decorate pumpkin cookies for a party Friday night.  She is working on a Rosary workbook too!

Kid #4:  As I mentioned her naps are more predictable.  She is also really starting to become aware of her surroundings.  This week I bought her a mirror and got out a few bright rattles for her to stare at.  She is sucking her thumb!  I might hate that later, but it is SO cute now. 

My goals for next week are more progress on the basement and kitchen, a least 3 blog posts, develop a winter clothes inventory and HALLOWEEN celebrations.   We will see how I do!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up this week! I love the idea of a Rosary workbook, I look forward to hearing more about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped over from Forever, For Always, No Matter What. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for sharing! I would love to hear how you like "The Handbook for Catholic Moms".

    ReplyDelete