Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wrapping Up the Week


I am going to take a stab at wrapping up our progress each week.  I got inspired by my friend Jen. (Check out her blog.  It is amazing!)

My List: This week I made a new recipe that I have wanted to try.  I made chicken and reviews were mixed.  I need to make it a bit spicier for my husband.  I will try it one more time with a few changes before I post the recipe...in the crock pot, super easy!

I am reading The Handbook for Catholic Moms and have been catching up on the chapters in The Portable Pediatrician that directly relate to kid #4.

Kid #1: We are working on a few Cub Scout items as well as practicing cursive writing.  He also is quite an artist, so he spends a fair amount of time drawing. He finished the book Alvin Ho and has started the first Percy Jackson.  Together we are reading The Magician's Nephew.  He is quite the reader.  During piano lessons, he mastered 2 songs on the first try!!

Kid #2: At physical therapy this week she continued to work on walking.  She is really coming along.  She also experienced a couple of seizures this week, which threw our week for a bit of a loop.   We did dough and painting as part of our Tray Work.  The Halloween books came out of storage this week, so we have been reading Dora's Halloween and Curious George's Halloween all week.

Kid #3: This is E week, a letter dear to her heart!  We did come printing practice and 1 to 1 counting this week.  She does the tray work with #2 and did a few other art projects.  She and #1 are making a comic together.  She LOVES Little House (like her mom!) and has been reading Sugar Snow (My First Little House) and A Little Prairie House (Little House).  No swimming this week, but she, Kid #4 and I went to a pumpkin patch with a play group we belong to.

Kid #4: She had a 2 month checkup and is a big, healthy baby (Thank you, God).  She also has begun to sleep 5-6 hours a night!!!!  At the pumpkin patch, she went on her first hayride.
Looks excited, huh?


3 comments:

  1. You had a great week! Sorry to hear #2 had a couple of seizures, I hope she had a better weekend. #4 sure is cute - glad she is doing well. Thanks for linking to our blog, next week feel free to join the Linky!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I just realized you did join the Linky!!! Thanks for linky up - sorry for my Mom of Many moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your girl's laught

    My girl is turning 3 next friday. Let me tell you yesterday I posted 3 costumes to a paper doll called Lulu that I did it. Maybe you girl likes it.

    ReplyDelete