Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rosary Workbook

When wrapping up my week last week I mentioned that we were working in our Rosary workbook.  I ordered 3 of these books through Pflaum, a company I saw advertised in a Cathecist magazine at church.  I have used several of there publications and have found them fun for the children and inexpensive for the family budget.  I had begun quiet thought about the Rosary and listened to The Catholics Next Door podcast and they have recommended praying the Rosary as a family.  My hesitation was I wasn't comfortable enough with how exactly to do it.  I knew all the prayers and (most of) the mysteries, but didn't want to do it "wrong". 

When I left for the hospital to deliver Kid #4 I got in the car (contractions and all) and realized I had forgotten my Rosary.  When I ran back in the house, Kid #1 ask me what I had forgotten.  He just received a Rosary for his First Communition and said, "when you get home can you teach me to use mine, too!"  I knew I was being called to figure it out.

Since October is the Month of the Rosary I decided we would learn together.  I ordered these books as a starter.  I have to say, it is a bit advanced for Kids #2 and #3, but each does what they can and Kid #1 LOVES helping them.

I must say I am having lots of fun and we are all learning a lot. 

Our goal - One decade a night and one whole Rosary a week.

1 comment:

  1. We do a decade each morning. Its about all we can handle right now with all the squirmy bodies. Its a great way to teach the prayers and the mysteries. My kids remember the mysteries better than I do! We often say it in the car as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete