Monday, October 11, 2010

Homeschooling #3

Last month I started homeschooling Kid #3.  We have opted out of preschool this year and instead focusing on learning the things she is interested in.  She is crazy about the alphabet.  She wants to be able to read and write like her older brother.  Because she is so interested, we are doing a letter a week.  I have found some great worksheets online and at the local dollar store.  She has made a list of the things she wants to learn this year.  They are:
  • Colors
  • Numbers and counting ("to more than 22!")
  • "All my letters"
  • Bugs (She loves bugs!)
  • How to cook
  • More prayers "like my brother"
I could not have made a better list myself!!

2 comments:

  1. Awsome list! I should sit down with Becca and make her a list like this as well.

    So far we have read books, sing songs, and completed activities on trees and clocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are both having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete