Sunday, September 12, 2010

I found it!!! Jules Gluten Free

Nearly Normal Cooking For Gluten-Free Eating: A Fresh Approach to Cooking and Living Without Wheat or Gluten
As a lot of you know, kid #1 has Celiac Disease.  It is an autoimmune disorder that means his body can't process gluten.  Gluten is the protein found in wheat and a few other grains (rye, barley).  HE was diagnosed at 15 months after several months of G.I. distress. 

Now he is a happy, healthy 8 year old, but I have spent the better part of these 7 years trying different baking mixes and such to get a tasty result.  Like Goldilocks some would be to hard, some would not hold together and some would not taste good.  I have finally found one that is just right!!! 

Jules Gluten Free

I recently received her flour mix, graham cracker/gingersnap mix and her cookie mix.  I have not tried the graham cracker yet, but the others are delicious.  Best of all, if you go to her website she will send you a free recipe every week.  This week I received the scones recipe and am thrilled.  My family loves scones!  She also has tons of specials including product bundles, free shipping, and recipe ebooks.

If you know someone with Celiac, cook for someone with it or have it yourself - check her site out.  I will post again when we try the scones and graham crackers. 

I also found a cookbook from her on Amazon - Nearly Normal Cooking For Gluten-Free Eating: A Fresh Approach to Cooking and Living Without Wheat or Gluten.  I have not tried it, but added it to my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment