Saturday, July 24, 2010

A "Break" in the Action

Well, it has been about 2 weeks since my last post.  I have been busy for sure.  I have lots of post ideas to put together and review.  I am expecting "Baby No Name" in about a week (maybe more, if you ask me).  To be quite honest my household is in a bit of disarray.  I finally got out the baby stuff and began washing it this weekend.  The kids are have finished T-ball, baseball, basketball camp, and Safety Town.  On the calendar there is still Therapy Camp, Drama Camp and 2 Vacation Bible Schools.  To say I am a bit overwhelmed, is an understatement.   My kids are tired and hot.  So am I.

Have I mentioned that it has been unseasonably warm this summer???  I drive around and sweat.  Oh and waddle, I am officially waddling now.  Add to that my volunteer commitments (Which have decreased, I promise!) and I am quite a sight!

I am actually looking forward to the birth of this baby to get a few days off??  How crazy has my life become that I am actually looking forward to the break of 48 hours that INCLUDES hospitalization AND childbirth? 

I have been reading this book:

I have been really thinking about how to use the ideas to kick my family budget in high gear.  It is full of prayer and reflection.  I have enjoyed it.

I am using this pregnancy nesting to my advantage and am cleaning out closets and parting with MORE clutter.  My mother's neighborhood is planning a yard sale for the end of August and I am getting things together for that to start the "Fall Clothing Fund".

While I am "sitting" in the next few weeks I have a plan to make a plan about the family budget, schooling for the kids (I'll find out teacher placements soon and then have the BIG decision to make!), meal planning and general food consumption, household organization and planning,  a "revamp" of Kid #1's room with his input, adjusting to life with 4 kiddos, religious education as a family, and mommy time.  Gosh, that seems like a  lot.  My deadline for most of this is December 1, so hopefully I have a handle on some of those things by then.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Pray for me!

2 comments:

  1. You give try "Steady Days". I got it a couple of weeks ago and have already implemented a daily routine with very good results. I think have a calm and organized household will really help with our budget in the long run. I'll let you know the next time the Salvation Army in Brighton has a 1/2 price day. I got all the kids clothes for winter there for under $50 (not including shoes). That's 10 bucks a kid, can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you! You have lots going on that's for sure. Praying for a healthy, and fast delivery! Hopefully then you can spend most of those 48 hours of vacation time oohhing and ahhing over a yet to be named baby!

    ReplyDelete