Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Meal Planning This Week


This is a short week because of the holiday.  We actually took an extra day to do the traveling on Tuesday instead of fighting traffic on Monday, so we had a quick and easy "hodgepodge", as we call it, Tuesday night.  Today was dark and rainy, so I did some batch cooking to get me to the weekend!

Here are the plans:
Wednesday: Pasta and meat sauce  (Sauce and meat cooked this morning)
Thursday: Turkey Taco Salad (Meat made this morning)
Friday: Sausage, beans and rice (all ready to go - just cook the rice)
Saturday: On the grill (Steaks or pork chops)
Sunday: Crock pot Creations (We will see what inspires me from the freezer)

Add to that the "batch" of gluten free pancakes I made.  Some blueberry, some regular, some chocolate chip.  I put them between wax paper and freeze them in labeled plastic bags.  My kids love these for breakfast (or dinner).  Tomorrow I am going to try and make some muffins and bread (Regular and gluten free) with the blueberries, zucchini, and pumpkin I have in the freezer.  I think I might have sweet potato, too!  I could use that to make waffles (GF) soon.  It beats standing over a hot waffle iron when the humidity kick in.   Also with a new baby arriving in 9 weeks, I'll need all the help I can get!

Perhaps a post sometime soon about batch cooking.  I know other bloggers that swear by it.  The larger my family gets the more I am relying on it too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kim, thank you so much for leaving that comment on my blog letting me know about your Mary Grace! I am so very sorry for your loss. It is so special to be able to meet another Catholic family who has gone through the same situation and that our babies have the same name!? God must have truly arranged our "meeting"! I will definitely keep your family close to my heart in prayer.

    ReplyDelete