Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Summer Veggies

This year I have decided not to rejoin our vegetable CSA. I really enjoyed the experience, but this year I am cutting back. The membership fee was $600 for 20 weeks. My plan for this year is to use the money to get a small garden started here and purchase items from a local farmer’s market. This way I can pick and choose what items we get instead of the Chinese cabbage we got several weeks last year. In addition to keeping track of the summer clothing budget and the savings budget, I will have a vegetable budget that starts at $600. All extra will be added in as savings to the larger total at the end of the summer.

2 comments:

  1. We always have extras so will we share with you too! I will let you know what we plants and when they are ripen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy. I'd love that!

    ReplyDelete