Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our Mary Grace Bush

This is a bush that some friends brought over the week I delivered our daughter Mary Grace last September. She was born at 20 weeks and was stillborn. The emotional pain of those few weeks was more than I could have ever imagined. It was my children that helped me see what a gift her birth had been. They love their little sister and talk about her all the time. She appears as an angel in drawings and now in our backyard. They understand and accept that it takes a lot of miracles to make a healthy baby and know that she watches over them and is waiting in heaven. We found this angel on a recent trip up north where my parents have a place. Kid #3 also found a hedgehog and she she put it next to Mary Grace's angel to keep her company. I can see the bush and angel out the kitchen window and it reminds me of the miracle that all my children are.

No comments:

Post a Comment