Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Lord's Table


Today my oldest child and only son will receive his first Holy Communion. It is an experience that is extra special because I have been one of his religious education teachers. Together he and I have done his first Reconciliation and 2 church retreats. Together we have taken this faith journey. After having done this with him, I hope to be the teacher each time one of my children reaches the age for a sacrament. He is so excited and his father and I are thrilled for him. The church has gluten free communion host and he has been given a pix to put his host in. I bought him a rosary (blue, his favorite) to keep in his pocket during the ceremony. He has spent the entire year preparing and we are hosting a small luncheon for family and a few friends. I am so proud that he is receiving Jesus and full understands what that means. Welcome to the Lord’s Table!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that Jake and I got to take this journy with you and Andrew. We will cherish the memeories for a life time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think both Andrew and I made a great friend!

    ReplyDelete