Friday, May 21, 2010

Calder Dairy


We recently started getting our milk delivered by the Calder Dairy (aka the milkman).  A giant truck pulls up every Tuesday morning.  The milk is hormone free and comes in glass containers.  I am not a milk drinker, but I have become one.  I can't believe how much better milk in a glass container tastes!  In addition to it being tastier, it is less expensive than in the supermarket (I was buying organic milk) and it is local.  Their products come from cows raised about an hour or so from our house.  They offer tours.  I think we might go some day.  We have had (and I can recommend) their milk, chocolate milk, sour cream, butter, and egg nog.  I can call the day before and add (or subtract) anything I want.  I leave the glass bottles on the porch and he drops off the new ones.  I get a bill once a month and leave a check with my bottles the following week.  You should check it out!

1 comment:

  1. We love Calder too! We buy at our local market as there aren't enough people in our area for them to deliver to yet. Hoping that changes soon.

    ReplyDelete