Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No Bake Cookies - Now!

Well it has started happening, the unexpected, unexplained pregnancy cravings. I can never explain them, but I need whatever it is RIGHT NOW! It has not been the same thing with any pregnancy. Kid #1 was cheese puffs with the neon orange cheese. Kid # 2 was mac and cheese in the blue box (and only in the blue box). Kid #3 was Hummingbird Cake from Zingerman’s. This weekend I had one of those urges, looked in my cookbooks, and rushed to recipes.com. I even made them right near bedtime and let the kids stay up while they cooled. Here is a picture of the finished product. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats, so the whole family could enjoy them (but not too many of them!). I think there is another batch in the future, but I can’t be sure when!


Here is the recipe I found at Recipes.com:
2 cups of oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats)
1/2 Cup cocoa
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of milk
1/cup of peanut butter (there is the protein, right)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cook the milk, butter peanut butter and cocoa in a sauce pan until melted. Bring to a boil one full minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla and oats. Spoon on to wax paper. Cool 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment