Saturday, February 20, 2010

Preparing for Mom to Mom Sale

Next weekend I will be selling some of the gently used stuff my kids have outgrown at a Mom to Mom sale. I have been weeding through the closets and getting it all cleaned, priced and boxed up. My hope is that I make enough money to buy all three clothes for summer.

I have come to a hard reality while I have been sorting through this stuff, my kids don't wear all the clothes I have bought them. Like most people (myself included) they wear their favorites over and over and some really great, and sometimes expensive, items that are virtually unworn. I have always taken great pride in my children's appearance. Not in a superficial way, but it made me feel good to know that we were able to provide nice, brand named clothes for the kids. And the stuff is cute, so I buy it! When I look at the fussing I do over stains on organic cotton and the guilt I feel selling a $20 T-shirt that Kid #1 wore twice for $2 I have come to a serious conclusion. I will be shopping for spring and summer differently this year. After all Kid #1 has his First Communion this year and will need a suit ($$$). I am going to shop sales, resale shops and taking inventory of what we already have. I am NOT going to overbuy this season. I will let you know how much I have to spend. I will post my bargains as I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment